Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Very First Blog Award!




Well, there I was, having just another boring old Hump Day at work -- this past Wednesday -- so I decided to sneak a peek at my blog to see if I had gotten any new followers, or maybe Rob Pattinson had left a comment, or something...

And then..."what to my wondering eyes should I see, but eight tiny reindeer..."  Naw, just kidding!  What I DID see was my very first blogger award, "Life Is Good", graciously bestowed upon me by Jennifer, of Book Noise, a new follower, and a very nice one, too!  Thank you so much, Jen!  You  really and truly made my day!! 

I'd like to encourage you guys to drop by Jen's blog -- it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! 

Now, here's how this award thing works:

1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions below.
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award.


Survey Questions:

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this?   If you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

Well, to be honest, I was a little nervous at first.  After all, I was going to be putting my thoughts and feelings out there.  Maybe I felt somewhat insecure.  Now, however, I'm totally ADDICTED to this!  I wish I had more time to do it!  It's a great outlet for all my pent-up creative energy, which I wouldn't be able to use up any other way. 


I started out just using my first name and the initial of my last name, but then decided to use my full name.  What the heck -- if I want to publish a book someday, I might as well start using my real name from the start.  So, of course, I have no wishes to suddenly begin blogging anonymously.  Also , I'm feeling much more confident now.  This is like riding a bike -- the more you do it, the more comfortable you feel, and the less likely that you'll fall!


2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

Oh, this is a good one!  I tend to be stubborn when involved in an ideological argument.  I have very strong values and beliefs that I will not give up easily.  I can consider diverging viewpoints on trivial matters, but it's hard for me to do so regarding matters of great moral importance. 


Also, I've noticed that, when I really make up my mind to do something, I tend to get it done.    It's the making-up-my-mind part that's hard.  Lol.


3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

Honestly?  A visitor to this planet!  I don't think I'm all here yet! 


4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

A bottle of Zephyrhills water.  (I do try to recycle, but this is a weakness....)


5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?


I always do something having to do with books -- either read, post a book review, visit a book blog, or go to my favorite book sites, to browse, buy, or both!


6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

I think it's high time I got a novel written and published!  I've been writing in a rather desultory fashion up to now.  I have to stop hoping the muse will come down from Mount Olympus, and simply follow Julia Cameron's advice: show up at the page!  Things will take care of themselves thereafter.


7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

I was definitely very shy, and off in my own little dream world most of the time.  I used to wish, back then, that I was popular and belonged to some clique.  When I grew past that phase, I realized that most high school cliques tend to be rather shallow groups.


8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?


It was the time my husband and I were driving down from a club in Fort Lauderdale one Saturday night, and he kept glancing over at me every few seconds, to say "I love you" with deep feeling.  His eyes got a little moist, too.   It was so unexpected.  I will never, ever, forget this!


9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I think I prefer to write about other people, events, books, etc.  In fact, I'm a little surprised that I'm opening up here.  Maybe I'm starting to feel the need to do this, in order to connect with my readers more closely.  I do think, though, that every time someone posts something -- whatever it is -- on their blog, or writes a novel, short story, or poem,they are unconsciously revealing themselves.  It might not always be a very personal or intimate revelation, but it's a revelation nevertheless.


10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?


Withoutt hesitation, I will always prefer to sit down and read a book, especially since my time is pretty limited.  (I have two jobs, you see.)   Not that I'm antisocial, but....getting lost in a fascinating book is such a pleasant experience!  Besides, I prefer talking with people online, anyway.




And now, I will happily bestow this award on the following bloggers:


J-9 at Blood Rose Book Reviews
Trudy at Once Upon A Twilight
Cyndi at Dog-Eared & Bookmarked
aobibliophile at aobibliosphere





LIFE IS DEFINITELY GOOD!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow...thank you so much...I am honoured that you thought of my blog for this award.
    Thanks Again

    Cheers!!!

    http://j9books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answer to #8 =)

    Thanks for the award, it means a lot.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, J-9!!

    You're very welcome! I LOVE your blog,and am obsessed with that blood red rose in your header!

    Keep up the good work! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cyndi!!

    Thank you for complimenting my answer to question #8! Yes, this is one of my fondest memories. Glad you loved it!

    And you're very welcome for the award. You have a fantastic blog!

    Keep up the good work! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Maria! thank you for the award! it was a very pleasant surprise. i am honored. and yes, despite the troubles that come our way, life is still good and beautiful! have a good one! c",)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, aobibliophile!

    You're very welcome! I was happy to give it to you!

    You have a good one, too!

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)