Monday, November 14, 2011

Musing Mondays #4



This is a weekly book meme hosted by Miz B at

Each week, she poses an interesting question
related to books and reading preferences.

To join in, simply visit her blog, grab her logo,
and add your blog link in the comments section.



Here's today's question!


Are you currently collecting any authors?
Why?
Do you have all of their books?
If not, why not?
Did you buy all the books in the collection
at the same time,
or did you buy a book here, a book there?
Have you actually read all of the collection?
If not, why not?


Oh, my gosh!  This is such a fascinating topic!!  I'm an obssessive collector, but not really a systematic one.  I buy whatever interests me at the moment. 

So I'm not currently collecting any particular author's books, but if I were, they would have to be those of Charles de Lint.  I read one of his short-story collections about a year ago.  The book is titled Dreams Underfoot, and I absolutely loved it!  I have bought several of his other books, but haven't read them yet.  There are so many, many wonderful books in my TBR pile I'd like to get to...  I guess I should really prioritize reading his, since I enjoyed that first book so much.  I know that de Lint has several series, and I definitely would be very happy to have them all!  However, the one I would get first, since it's the first one I came in contact with, is the Newford series.  All of the books in it revolve around a fictional town named Newford, whose characters are totally enchanting, quirky, and magical.  The plots of the stories in Dreams are utterly spellbinding, as well as written in absolutely beautiful prose.  They are also completely unforgettable!

I really must commit to reading this entire series!  Maybe I'll make a New Year's resolution...

De Lint is a Canadian urban fantasy writer.  This happens to be one of my favorite genres!!  He's also very prolific, so it just might take me a lifetime, if I wanted to read all of his books!






(1951 - )


These are some of the books from the Newford series.
I'd really like to have them all!!






Trade Paperback, 416 pages
Orb Books
August 1, 2003







Trade Paperback, 400 pages
Orb Books
February 20, 2007
(first published August 23, 1994)








Hardcover, 544 pages
Tor Books
November 23, 2002







Hardcover, 560 pages
Tor Books
May 16, 2006






Hardcover, 320 pages
Tor Books
December 8, 2009













3 comments:

  1. I do have all of the Goodkind Novels (except the Omen Machine). I was a HUGE fan of his until I started reading other fantasy novels and then realised he's not all that great, hehe.

    My fiancee collects everything by Terry Pratchett, which is pretty impressive. At the moment I'm focusing on fantasy authors from indie publishers, so there aren't any I'm collecting at the moment. Give it time, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jamie!

    When you say you used to be "a HUGE fan of his", I'm not sure whether you mean Goodkind or de Lint. If you're referring to de Lint, I have to say I heartily disagree. I think he's a GREAT writer! I love his plots, his characters, his prose style!!

    I know that Goodkind and Pratchett are supposed to be really good. Gotta check them out!

    Thanks for the comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo Charles de Lint - my fav by him is Svaha!

    Pabkins @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)