Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Author Serendipity #3: Ann H. Gabhart




This is a new monthly feature which will hightight those authors I have recently discovered, and whose books I would love to read.  Such discoveries might come about through browsing on the Internet, a chance encounter with an interesting book in a bookstore (I no longer go to libraries -- it's much too painful), or through other bloggers' recommendations.

The authors I choose will be those who write in my favorite genres, and might be either emerging authors, or have been in print for a while.  They will, however, be entirely new to me.

I hope you will enjoy this monthly feature, and will also decide to acquaint yourselves with the authors I present here!



Here's my third discovery!!




Christian Fiction Author


From the Author's Website

 I'm a country girl, born and raised on a farm in the Outer Bluegrass region of Kentucky. 

 I started writing when I was ten and have been writing ever since. My first published writing (personal experience pieces, youth stories, and poems) was in church periodicals such as HomeLife. My first novel, A Forbidden Yearning, was published by Warner Books in 1978 and was a historical romance about the settling of Kentucky. Since then I've published twenty novels for adults and young adults.

I'm married to Darrell Gabhart. We got married when we were both very young, but we defied the odds and are still married all these years later. Maybe because we went to church together and were committed to the Christian life.

We have three children, Johnson, Tarasa, and Daniel who are all grown and married (to Leah, Gary, and Carrie) and they've given us nine wonderful grandchildren, Sarah, Austin, Fiona, Ashley, Katie, Jillian, John, Matt, and Raegan to spoil every chance we get.


Gabhart's books revolve mostly around the Shaker lifestyle.  She has authored many titles that showcase her extensive knowledge of the Shakers and their world.  However, she has also written other types of novels.  All of her books have one thing in common: they are written from a Christian standpoint. 

Gabhart's most recent novel, Words Spoken True, deals with two rival newspapers and the couple attached to each, although not to each other.  I've just discovered it, thanks to Katie @ Legacy of a Writer, and can't wait to read it!! 







Ann H. Gabhart
Trade Paperback, 345 pages
Fleming H. Revell Company
February 1, 2012
Genre: Christian Fiction, Romance


From the Goodreads Synopsis

Adriane Darcy was practically raised in her father's newspaper offices. She can't imagine life without the clatter of the press and the push to be first to write the news that matters. Their Tribune is the leading paper in Louisville in 1855. Then Blake Garrett, a brash young editor from the North with a controversial new style of reporting, takes over failing competitor the Herald, and the battle for readers gets fierce.

When Adriane and Blake meet at a benefit tea, their surprising mutual attraction is hard to ignore.  Blake will stop at almost nothing to get the story—and the girl. Can he do both before it's too late?




Here are some of Gabhart's other novels.




(Shaker Series #1)
Ann H. Gabhart
Trade Paperback, 345 pages
Fleming H. Revell Company
August 1, 2008
Genre: Christian Fiction, Romance







(Shaker Series #2)
Ann H. Gabhart
Trade Paperback, 394 pages
Fleming H. Revell Company
August 1, 2009
Genre: Christian Fiction, Romance







(Shaker Series #3)
Ann H. Gabhart
Trade Paperback 416 pages
Fleming H. Revell Company
July 1, 2010
Genres: Christian Fiction, Romance








(Shaker Series #4)
Ann H. Gabhart
Trade Paperback, 401 pages
Fleming H. Revell Company
July 1, 2011
Genres: Christian Fiction, Romance


















No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)