Sunday, March 11, 2012

On My Bookshelves #20




My Sunday book meme
highlights books that I own,
but have somehow never gotten to,
as well as those wonderful books
I would love to re-read!!




Here are my picks
for this week!




(Newford #11)
Charles de Lint
Hardcover, 508 pages
Tor Books
October 2, 2001
Genre: Urban Fantasy

From the Goodreads Synopsis

At the center of all the entwined lives in Newford stands a young artist named Jilly Coppercorn, with her tangled hair, her paint-splattered jeans, a smile perpetually on her lips--Jilly, whose paintings capture the hidden beings that dwell in the city's shadows. Now, at last, de Lint tells Jilly's own story...for behind the painter's fey charm lies a dark secret and a past she's labored to forget.
And that past is coming
to claim her now.







(Newford #12)
Charles de Lint
Tor Books
November 23, 2002
Genre: Urban Fantasy

From the Goodreads Synopsis

Tapping the Dream Tree collects 18 stories by bestselling contemporary fantasy master Charles de Lint. One story, "The Witching Hour," is original to this volume, with a few others taken from limited-edition chapbooks; the remaining tales have been drawn from an impressive diversity of magazines and anthologies. The stories are set in and around de Lint's mythic, haunted American city of Newford, and fans will recognize several characters from de Lint's popular series.








(Newford #16)
Charles de Lint
Hardcover, 560 pages
Tor Books
May 16, 2006
Genre: Urban Fantasy

From the Goodreads Synopsis

Jilly Coppercorn and Geordie Riddell. Since they were introduced in the first Newford story, "Timeskip," back in 1989, their friends and readers alike have been waiting for them to realize what everybody else already knows: that they belong together. But they've been more clueless about how they feel for each other than the characters in "When Harry Met Sally". Now in Widdershins, a stand-alone novel of fairy courts set in shopping malls and the Bohemian street scene of Newford's Crowsea area, Jilly and Geordie's story is finally being told.




This writer is one of my favorite authors,
even though I've only read one
of his books, titled Dreams Underfoot,
which is the first book in his acclaimed
Newford series.
He's an incredible prose stylist,
and creator of the most amazing fantasy plots!
His characters are all memorable.
I rank him right up there with Tolkien,
although his brand of fantasy is of the urban type.

Charles de Lint is also a prolific writer,
and I don't think I'll ever be able
to get to all of his wonderful books in my lifetime! 
I would like to at least read his entire Newford series....
Hopefully, I will!

You can visit Charles de Lint's website







2 comments:

  1. These are all new to me, which is great. I love discovering new titles, just like someone who needs more books. Tapping the Dream Tree has awesome illustration.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, STeph!

      Oh, I'm so happy to have dded to your already humongous TBR pile!! Lol. Seriously, though, de Lint is a really GREAT urbn fantasy writer. I guarantee that you will NEVER forget his characters! (My very favorite is Jilly Copperforn, of course!)

      I agree -- "Tapping the Dream Tree" has an awesome cover illustration! I also like the cover of "The Onion Girl".

      Thanks so much for the great comment!! : )

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)