Monday, January 7, 2013

Wrap-Up: The 2012 Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge




The 2012 Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge
November 19, 2012 - January 6, 2013

Click on this button
if you'd like more information,
so you can join in this year!



I greatly enjoyed participating in this wonderful reading challenge again for the second time!  Christmas is my very favorite time of year!  Right after Thanksgiving, I love to start reading Christmas-themed romance novels and/or short stories.  I think that romance and the Christmas season go together perfectly.  Of course, I also enjoy reading other types of Christmas-themed books, like books about Christmas decorating, and Advent devotionals.  However, I do prefer to read Christmas romances.  They give me that warm, cozy feeling...

This year, I was able to participate at the Christmas Tree level, which means I read 5 books!  All of the books I ended up selecting were Christmas romances, of course.



These are the books I read.
You can access my reviews
by clicking on each book title.


Christmas Tree Level


Karen Kingsbury





Joan Medlicott





Sheila Rabe





Mary Balogh, Anne Barbour,
Elisabeth Fairchild, Carla Kelly,
Edith Layton





Linda Lael Miller




Fa La La La Film Level


I also watched two movies.
The first one was the great Christmas classic 
I never get tired of watching!




(1947)
James Stewart, Donna Reed, 
Lionel Barrymore



The second one is not as well known,
but it was a pure delight!!
Besides, I'm a Tony Danza fan!!




(2003)
Tony Danza, Lee Thompson, Betty White





Many thanks to Michelle @
The Christmas Spirit!!


Click on this button to see her beautiful blog!!




I'm really looking forward to 
joining the challenge again next year!! 















2 comments:

  1. I hope that the entire holiday season was great for you and your family Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brian!! Yes, we had a wonderful time! And I hope yours and your family's was great, as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)