Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday No. 21: Before She Ignites, by Jodi Meadows




Welcome to "Can't Wait Wednesday"!
   
This is a weekly event hosted by
Tressa @ Wishful Endings, and inspired by "Waiting On Wednesday", which used to be hosted by
 Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

For more information, please click HERE.

As in the previous meme, this one showcases future releases  we book  bloggers 
are eagerly anticipating!!
There's also a Linky widget, so participating blogs can link up!



Here's my choice for this week!



 Before She Ignites
(Fallen Isles Trilogy, Book 1)
Jodi Meadows
Hardcover,  496 pages
Katherine Tegen Books
September 12, 2017 
Diverse Reads, Fantasy, Romance,  
Science Fiction, Young Adult Fiction
  
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33783637-before-she-ignites








Before

Mira Minkoba is the Hopebearer. Since the day she was born, she’s been told she’s special. Important. Perfect. She’s known across the Fallen Isles not just for her beauty, but for the Mira Treaty named after her, a peace agreement which united the seven islands against their enemies on the mainland.

But Mira has never felt as perfect as everyone says. She counts compulsively. She struggles with crippling anxiety. And she’s far too interested in dragons for a girl of her station.

After

Then Mira discovers an explosive secret that challenges everything she and the Treaty stand for. Betrayed by the very people she spent her life serving, Mira is sentenced to the Pit–the deadliest prison in the Fallen Isles. There, a cruel guard would do anything to discover the secret she would die to protect.

No longer beholden to those who betrayed her, Mira must learn to survive on her own and unearth the dark truths about the Fallen Isles–and herself–before her very world begins to collapse.



Why I can't wait for this one!

Although I've never read one of Jodi Meadows's books, this one has convinced me that I really need to do something about that! This plot sure sounds riveting! And I like the blend of science fiction and fantasy, which also includes romance. Besides all that, I've never come across a heroine who has a treaty named after her!





Jodi Meadows lives and writes in the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, with her husband, a cat, and an alarming number of ferrets. She is a confessed book addict and has wanted to be a writer ever since she decided against becoming an astronaut.

  
Website/Goodreads
Twitter/Facebook
Instagram/Pinterest




What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!












18 comments:

  1. Good pick! The story of her fall sounds interesting. Hope she survives well. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Laure!

      Glad you like my pick! This does sound very interesting!

      Thanks for the comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. Nice one! And is that am amazing cover or what? Love it with the two moons... I like too she has compulsion issues as well as anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Greg!

      This SURE is an amazing cover!! So glad you agree!!

      OMG, I had not noticed the two moons! I was mostly focused on her beautiful dress, as well as the snake-like rope, or whatever it is, coming from the letter "S". But now that you mention it, YEAH, those two moons are a GREAT touch! They add mystery to this cover!

      I totally LOVE that she has some mental health issues, too! We can't have PERFECT heroines all the time, lol. It's GREAT that you actually love this!!

      Thanks for the interesting comment!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  3. Is that a serpent's tail? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      I really don't know what it is. It does look like a serpent's tail. Well, I suppose it must be! Lol. Whatever it is, it adds interest to the cover, doesn't it?

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  4. Lord, I hope Verushka is wrong and that is a dragon tail and not a serpent tail. I LOVE dragons, HATE snakes. I've been looking forward to this one for ages and I really loved the cover - up until now and the doubt has been placed in my mind :)

    I don't think I've read anything by this author as well but I've been thinking about grabbing The Orphan Queen from the library. Great feature this week!

    The Boxer Boys sends hugs and sloppy puppy smooches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Yeah, I agree! I would MUCH rather it be a dragon's tail myself, as I don't like snakes!! Like you, I LOVE dragons!!

      it's great that you've had this one on your radar for quite some time now, Barb! I wouldn't worry too much about this possibly being a snake tail. Even if it is, this DOES look like an AWESOME story!!

      Oh, yeah, "The Orphan Queen"!! That one also has a GORGEOUS cover!! COOL choice!!

      So glad you like my feature this week!! <3 <3 <3 <3

      Awwwww......so The Boxer Boys send hugs and sloppy puppy smooches? Well, I'm sending some hugs and horse whinnies back!! (Oh, how I WISH I had a horse..... Lol.)

      Thanks for the super sweet comment, Barb!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome pick! This was one that I featured in my Top Ten Tuesday List of Books That I'm Looking Forward To In the Second Half of 2017. It sounds amazing!! Hope we both enjoy it!

    Here's mine:

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2017/06/cant-wait-wednesday-are-you-sleeping-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Darlene!

      Oh, thank you so much!! And you featured it in your Top Ten Tuesday list? FANTASTIC!! Yes, it DOES sound AMAZING!!! I think we'll both enjoy it for sure!!

      Thanks for the lovely comment!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  6. This looks amazing!! I love the cover, and the heroine seems so unique and wonderful - that fact that she struggles with anxiety is something I can relate to, and I'd like to see how the author handles that!
    Great pick, Maria! <3 <3 :) :) HUGS!!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amy!

      Yes, doesn't it? I love this cover, too!!

      You're right about the heroine; she does seem totally "unique and wonderful"!! And, like you, I also like that she struggles with anxiety. This actually makes her more realistic. I'm with you -- I also want to see the author's take on this issue!

      Glad you LOVE my pick, Amy!! Thank you so much for this WONDERFUL comment!! HUGS BACK!!! ,3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  7. Oooh! This looks like an unique read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ronyell!

      Yes, it SURE does!!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  8. Fantastic pick, Maria! This is on my tbr as well. I've read one Jodi Meadows book, Incarnate, and I loved it. I can't wait to have time to get back to that series. I'm sure this new series is going to be spectacular -- she writes so beautifully! I hope you will love this when you get to it! Thank you so much for sharing!
    We hope you are having a wonderful evening! All the smooshy hugs for you, sweet friend xoxoxoxo

    P.S. Those comments you left made our entire day. We want to squishy hug you so big for those kind words. We'll be back with more commenting for you this weekend. Love you to bits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michele!!

      Thank you SO much!! I'm thrilled that you have this book on your TBR pile!!

      Oh, so you have read "Incarnate"? Gee, that's one book I always wanted to read, and never got around to.... :( And, of course, I want to read the ENTIRE series!!

      I've read some rave reviews of Meadows's books, so I hope to be able to get to this one, as well as the "Incarnate" series!!You're welcome for the share!! <3 <3 <3

      I'm having a very nice evening, trying to catch up with all my commenting! Lol. But I'll be shutting down soon, so I can get some reading done before nodding off!

      I get up pretty late -- like around 11:00 AM, or even noon, lol. So I usually go to bed around 4:00 AM. But I don't have to be at work until 3:30 PM! OH, I LOVE IT!!!! I'm a TOTAL night owl!!!! LOL.

      Awwwww.....I'm SO HAPPY that my comments on "A Belle's Tales" made the day for both of you!! But I LOVE to leave such nice, kind words for LOVELY people like the two of you!! So, SQUISHY HUGS right back!!

      I'll be looking forward to your WONDERFUL comments!!! Love the two you, as well!!

      LOTSA HUGS & BLESSINGS GALORE!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 :) :) :) :)

      Delete
  9. I want to read that book too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kymberlee!

      So glad you like my pick!! It sounds AWESOME, doesn't it?

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)